Monday, February 23, 2009

Layout for a Family Recipe Challenge

My original goal in learning digital scrapbooking has been to create an ancestor photo book. That's still my goal, but I've decided not to rush it so much. At first I was just trying to throw some layouts together to have enough for a 20 page book. But in rushing throught the layouts, I was creating ones that I wasn't all that happy with. So I've realized that I need to slow down and collect or make papers and elements that I will need. I also need to experiment, get ideas and inspiration from other people's layouts, and do some tutorials to practice various techniques.

I've joined a new yahoo group - digitalscrapbookingwithfriends - and they have posted links to some excellent tutorials. I was looking at the blending tutorials because I really like that look in other peoples layouts, but was never happy with how it turned out when I tried it in mine. Well, I went through some of the tutorials and have now completed a layout for the family recipe challenge at heritagescraps. I have a photo of my grandmother blended into the background. For this one, I used background paper from the OldTymeRose Collab kit from heritagescraps, elements from the Recipes kit by Angelflight Scraps, and a frame (which I modified to hold 3 photos instead of 2) from the kit NeverEndingStory by BeaCreations. And here is the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment